After pushing a dev instance of drupal to a server, the admin CSS broke.
Browser Console showed *.css files that were obviously auto-generated, but no amount of browser cache clearing, CHMOD, or D8 cache clearing resolved.
Here's an excerpt from the D8 forums - with the actions that were taken noted with ***
The method that has worked for me in past is below:
There may be an unneccessary step of two , but I prefer safe over sorry.
- If using clean urls, turn them off
- ***if using page caching turn it off***
- ***if using css aggregation turn it off***
- clear you brwoser cache
- ***clear your DB cache tables***
- rename the folder
- turn clean urls back on (if in use)
- turn page cacheing back on (if in use)
- turn css aggregation back on (if in use)
also note that if you set up a $base_url in settings.php you will have to alter this to reflect the new structure.